Sunday, April 08, 2007

"Band of Sisters" article in the paper

This morning I woke up early, wondering about the newspaper article that was to be in the Ovation section of the Sunday paper / Columbia Tribune - it is about our art critique group and the Art Raffle fundraiser they created for our family.

The article is called: "Band of Sisters" and it is just great.

There was no way to include all the stories that I wish could have been included, but the heart of it was perfect. It would take a whole book, not just one article, to say what I would really want to say, to thank all the people I would want to thank personally, and to reflect on so many things...

1 Comments:

Blogger ~jolene said...

Gloria,
You don't really know me. But we emailed a time or two a long while back. We had a mutual 'friend' - Marney, at Artella. And, although I can't remember 'how' exactly, I received your first book via Marney. After reading your book, I felt like..well, like 'family' because of the stories you shared.

I found the "Band of Sisters" article online at the Columbia Tribune website. I will email you the link to pass on to others if you wish. It doesn't seem to copy and paste here in the confines of the comment section correctly.

I wish I was in a position to help you financially --- I really do. But, since I cannot, I 'invest' time EACH day thinking of you -- and sending you thoughts of strength and love.

You inspire me, and I love you.

~jolene
www.thebluecottage.blogspot.com

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home